Stop praying if it doesn't matter
Mark 1:35 - "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."
- When was the last time you upgraded your prayer? The last time you spoke different words or prayed for someone you didn't like? It's important not to just go through routine, but express the sincere desires if your heart.
- The difference between the current church and the old church is not in our praise or preaching but in our PRAYER!
- Jesus prayed very early in the morning (Mark 1:35). He won the "battle of the covers". Early mornings for the believer should primarily be for prayer.
- Before you communicate with anyone else in the morning, talk with God. When you receive His message first, all other messages throughout the day will be filtered through Him.
- Jesus prayed before making important decisions. Don't make decisions out of your FEELINGS, but out of your FAITH.
- Pray so that your PICKS are lined up with God's PURPOSES and not your PREFERENCES. If you want to know what to do, STOP ASKING PEOPLE and ask God who gives wisdom to all generously without finding fault.
- People will remind you of your past failures, but that kind of criticism is not of God. Letting others trap you in your past will lessen your desire to strive for your future in Christ.
- Its hard to win in the devil's back yard. You knew you shouldn't have gone there, did that, talked to them... but you did anyway. Prayer covers your mind & strengthens you to stay away from temptations.